From Kona on the Big Island of Hawai’i, Sarah Lee is incessantly glued to camera viewfinders, DaFiNs, and the sea. Her passion for photography, particularly underwater and surf photography was shaped by a childhood where she was constantly playing in and around the ocean. As a long-distance swimmer and surfer, her strength as an athlete in the ocean and tide allows her to capture swimmers and surfers in the special way she does beneath the sea.
"My aim in making photos is to capture and accentuate the beauty in what surrounds me. Photography to me is a mode of visual problem solving and a way to perpetuate the stoke, whether it be above the surface or below."
Lately, Sarah has been involved in shooting photo and video content for Alison's Adventures. Currently, she is located in Encinitas, California.
If you have any questions, just want to say HI, or are interested in purchasing prints, scheduling a shoot, or licensing any photographs, please contact: info [at] sarahleephotography.com
Smugmug Films Artist Profile
interviews · highlights · etc
- spotlight: most viewed photos of 2013
- spotlight: mother nature network
- interview: tombomb
- interview: petapixel
- spotlight: photography blogger
- mention: west hawaii today
- spotlight: cardelucci
- spotlight: kagavi
- highlight: the weather channel
- article: sea stoke issue 3
- highlight: the daily mail
- highlight: huffington post
- interview: marie claire x forte_forte
- highlight: happy d surf shop
- highlight: reykjavik boulevard x forte_forte
- interview: the canvas wave
- video: big island television